When we imagine the devil, he often takes the form of an animal, like the snakes or goats we’ve talked about in previous episodes. But when it comes to a devilish temperament, no animal is quite so naturally Luciferian as the common housecat. Here to chat about those times when a cat has crossed the devil’s path and why Satanists love our feline familiars so much.
- Satanic Temple Idaho’s diaper drive
- Screenrant: What Sons of Sam Gets Wrong
- Dr. Andrea Kitta’s Mis-Purr-Ceptions
- Ash’s recommended cat charity: Kittens First
- Washington Post: How Cats Bewitched Us
- Archive.org: Trifles of Courtiers
- History Collection: Why the Pope Implicated Cats
- MDPI: Witches, Familiars, & Humans
- Iowa State Univesity: Reformers On Sorcery
- The Great Courses Daily: Myths Around Templars
- The Templar Knight: Templars & The Head of Baphomet
- Snopes: Murderous Moggies
- Snopes: Cat Sacrifices?
- My Cat From Hell’s “Butter Cat” episode
GET IN TOUCH WITH BLACK MASS APPEAL