Lucifer is the prince of the east, but how far east does his influence extend? Today we’re touring Satanism and subculture in Japan, with the help of travel and fashion writer La Carmina and cultural anthropologist Dr. John Skutlin.
- The Australian: Devil worshipers celebrate ‘important win for religious freedom’
- La Carmina on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and her blog
- Dr. John Skutlin on Twitter and Facebook
- “Satanic Show and Tell” on Twitter
- Goth in Japan: finding identity in a spectacular subculture
- Roadtrippers: Salem’s Satanic Temple hosts macabre art and movie nights in a former funeral home
- The Daily Beast: Descend Into the World’s 10 Most Devilish Destinations
- LA Weekly: Western Goth vs Japanese Goth: La Carmina explains the difference
- University of San Francisco: Fashioning Tattooed Bodies: An Exploration of Japan’s Tattoo Stigma
GET IN TOUCH WITH BLACK MASS APPEAL
SATANIC BAY AREA
- Twitter (as @SatanicSF)
- Sign up for Satanic Bay Area’s newsletter
- On TikTok as DailyBaphirmations
- Coffee Hour is the third Thursday of every month from 6 – 8 pm at Wicked Grounds in San Francisco!