After our good friend the goat, snakes are the animal most often associated with Satan, but just what does the world have against its serpentine stalwarts? We’re going to set the sinuous record straight with a warm look at the devil’s most cold-blooded collaborators.
- Judge rules in favor of Arizona Officials, Patheos
- Live Science Snake Facts
- Dictionary of Symbols
- Snakes In Ritual Systems
- Suman Chakraborty, “Women, Serpent, and Devil”
- Ophites & Serpent Cult
- BBC, The Ancient Symbol
- The Bronze Serpent, Amy Birkan
- How the Serpent Became Satan, Dolansky
GET IN TOUCH WITH BLACK MASS APPEAL
- Tabitha Slander’s Instagram
- Discord server
- Leave a voicemail any time! Just call 1 (415) 579-2055.
SATANIC BAY AREA
- Twitter (as @SatanicSF)
- Sign up for Satanic Bay Area’s newsletter
- Coffee Hour is the third Thursday of every month from 6 – 8 pm at Wicked Grounds in San Francisco
I read, and cannot remember where, that St. Patrick driving the snakes out of Ireland is a metaphor for driving the druids out by converting the Irish to Christianity.