Religion and religious conflict are entangled with race and racism throughout American history. As Satanists, we position ourselves as compassionate and empathetic people dedicated to undermining decrepit social prejudices. But Satanism has consistently attracted a mostly white audience, and some people of color report that they face particular challenges in both Satanic and non-Satanic communities. So what’s the state and nature of Satanic diversity? By popular request, we’re talking to Louisville Friends of Satan founder Detryck Von Doom about race, religion, and Satanism in 2018, plus reading our own unfaithful listener’s testaments. Also, we’re hitting the streets at San Francisco’s Sunday Streets in the Tenderloin, and before that we’ve got a big announcement about the future of Satanic San Francisco. All of our listeners’ emails can be found here on our blog.
Praise, condemnation, questions, and other cromulent words can be sent to email@example.com.
- Satanic San Francisco is now Satanic Bay Area
- Join Satanic Bay Area at Sunday Streets in the Tenderloin neighborhood of San Francisco on September 23rd!
- Satanic Twin Cities is running a Menstruatin’ with Satan drive! Visit their Facebook page for details.
- Simone’s new podcast, Die Hard With a Podcast (it’s about the movie Die Hard, you see)
- Made By Dr Light’s Bandcamp
Baphomet Went Down to Arkansas
- Satanic Arkansas’s Facebook page
- Washington Post: A satanic idol goes to the Arkansas Capitol building
- Time: The Satanic Temple Protested a Ten Commandments Monument in Arkansas With Its Baphomet Statue
- NPR: Satanic Temple Protests Ten Commandments Monument With Goat-Headed Statue
- Newsweek: Speaking of the Devil: Satanic Temple Brings Baphomet Demonic Goat Statue to Arkansas Capitol
- Lucien Greaves’s speech (Excerpt) [VIDEO]
- Sadie Satanas’s speech [VIDEO]
- A selection of some of the most cringeworthy social media reactions to the Baphomet statue
Detryck Von Doom
- Black Nonbelievers Convention (includes Detryck’s bio)
- Louisville Atheists & Freethinkers
- Black Nonbelievers of Louisville
- Louisville Friends of Satan Facebook group
- A Darker Shade of Black Facebook group