We sell our souls for rock and roll (and blues, and jazz, and classical music, and pop, and hip hop) in this episode! Simone, Daniel, Tabitha, and Gregg discuss the devil’s influence on popular music. Are there any actual Satanic bands, or are artists just influenced by how damn cool Satan is – and did any band ever really put a hidden Satanic message in their songs? Plus, we talk about The Satanic Temple – Arizona’s lawsuit against the city of Scottsdale, Simone misquotes The Simpsons, and we wonder how Al Gore got hip all of a sudden.
Praise, condemnation, questions, and musicians we shamefully missed can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our Satanic “Chick” tract Kickstarter is live!
- Satanists sue Scottsdale, allege religious discrimination
- When Did Churches Start Using Instruments?
- Devil Music: A History of the Occult in Rock & Roll
- How Rock and Roll Found Satan — And Why That Was a Good Thing
- The Fight to Save America From Satan’s Subliminal Rock Messages
- The Devil Has All The Best Tunes: How Musicians Discovered Their Dark Side
- Blues Theology: The “Devil’s Music”
- Dee Snider on PMRC Hearing: ‘I Was a Public Enemy’
GET IN TOUCH WITH BLACK MASS APPEAL