Thirty years ago, a Satanic Panic possessed America’s courts, cops, and prosecutors, all because of a rampant urban myth that secretive Satanic cults were on the rise. Writer Debbie Nathan’s 1995 book Satan’s Silence dared advocate for the devil with a skeptical look at the crisis as it unfolded. We discuss what it was like to witness true hysteria in action, and the echoes that we still feel decades later.
Praise, condemnation, questions, and exonerations can be sent to email@example.com.
- Satan’s Silence
- Fangoria’s Satanic Panic
- The McMartin Trial
- FBI Report on “Ritual Abuse”
- Recovered Memories: A Dubious Practice
- The History of Satanic Panic
- The “Believe the Children” Hysteria
- The American Myth of Satanic Cults
- Babysitters Exonerated After 25 Years
- Ritual Abuse Defendants Freed
GET IN TOUCH WITH BLACK MASS APPEAL
- Tabitha Slander’s Instagram
- Discord server
- Leave a voicemail any time! Just call 1 (415) 579-2055.