Dungeons and Dragons is the gateway drug that will lead you straight to Satanism – so we’ve heard. Well, actually, in our case – it’s true! Hosts Simone, Daniel, Tabitha, and Roman discuss how the game lead to the founding of Satanic San Francisco, and our own personal experiences with role playing as we grew up. Why is D&D, a game created by a Christian World War II war game enthusiast, associated with Satanism? Why is it seeing a resurgence in pop culture? Plus, we nominate our “patron sinners” and discuss The Satanic Temple’s controversial anti-corporal punishment billboard in Texas.
Praise, condemnation, questions, and your ideas for patron sinners can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You Must Remember This podcast: “Bela and Boris”
- Satanic Temple Billboard Pisses Off Three Rivers, TX
- Christian Children’s Fund refuses donation from Gygax memorial fundraiser
- GeeksOn podcast archive: Dungeons and Dragons
- The terrible, awful Dungeons and Dragons movie from 2000
- Watch this instead: The Dungeons and Dragons episode of NBC’s “Community”
- What Dungeons and Dragons Reveals About Stranger Things Season 3 (potential spoilers!)
- Dungeons and Dragons: Warriors of the Eternal Sun game for Sega Genesis (plus the theme song)
- Call of Cthulhu roleplaying game
- It’s a Living: Meet One of New York’s Best Professional D&D Dungeon Masters
- Dominican writer Junot Díaz on playing Dungeons and Dragons as an immigrant (Video)
- “The Gary Gygax Song” by Uncle Monsterface
GET IN TOUCH WITH BLACK MASS APPEAL
SATANIC BAY AREA
- Twitter (as @SatanicSF)
- Sign up for Satanic Bay Area’s newsletter
- On TikTok as DailyBaphirmations
- Coffee Hour is the third Thursday of every month from 6 – 8 pm at Wicked Grounds in San Francisco!