Halloween Scrooges: people who hate Halloween. Whether they want to outright ban the celebration, or co-opt and water down the holiday for their own purposes, some mainstream religions don’t want to trick OR treat. Your hosts Simone, Daniel, Tabitha, and Bridgit discuss why some people believe that Halloween is a night of evil, what they’re doing to counteract it, and the origins of some of Satanist-centric urban legends. Plus news on a fight over a cross statue on public land in Albany, California.
Praise, condemnation, questions, and your favorite Halloween costume ideas can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Albany (CA) Tries To Remove Cross From Public Park
- The Albany Cross Resurrects Memories of the KKK
- Podcast recommendations from your BMA hosts: Pod Save America and Lovett or Leave It
- That unbelievably crazy anti-Halloween blog
- “Hell House” Documentary
- Why Christians Can Celebrate Halloween (says this guy)
SATANIC TEMPLE SAN JOSE – EVENT INFO
- Halloween night! The Satanic Temple San Jose’s “Circus of Sin”
GET IN TOUCH WITH BLACK MASS APPEAL