Of all the books in Lucifer’s Library, one is overdue more often than all the others. But in the 50-plus years since the publication of the Satanic Bible, what has the world been saying about it, and how should these perspectives inform our own?
- A Journey to Hell: My Visit to the Houston Satanic Temple’s Art Show, Michael Hardy (2022)
- Marburg Journal of Religion: Diabolical Authority: Anton LaVey, The Satanic Bible and the Satanist “Tradition,” James R. Lewis (2002)
- Satanism: A Social History, by Massimo Introvigne (2016)
- Reading and Writing Scripture in New Religious Movements: New Bibles and New Revelations, by Eugene Gallagher (2014)
- Lucifer Ascending: The Occult in Folklore and Popular Culture, by Bill Ellis (2004)
- In Pursuit of Satan: The Police and the Occult, by Robert D. Hicks (1991)
- Speak of the Devil: How The Satanic Temple is Changing the Way We Talk about Religion, by Joseph P. Laycock (2020)
GET IN TOUCH WITH BLACK MASS APPEAL
SATANIC BAY AREA
- Twitter (as @SatanicSF)
- Sign up for Satanic Bay Area’s newsletter
- On TikTok as DailyBaphirmations
- Coffee Hour is the third Thursday of every month from 6 – 8 pm at Wicked Grounds in San Francisco!